Do you work with injured workers?
Health Professionals for Injured Workers (HPIW) is a group of dedicated health professionals who are advocating for changes to Ontario Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB). We have made a number of recommendations to the WSIB that we believe would effectively address problems we've identified that are harming injured workers in our care. Read our recommendations here.
We are 60 health professionals strong and we're growing.
HPIW has the following objectives:
1. Foster active comment and discussion pertaining to the experiences and challenges for Ontario health professionals in working with the WSIB.
2. Explore and facilitate ways to bring about a more collaborative, respectful partnership between Ontario health care providers and WSIB.
3. Promote ethical, compassionate healthcare for injured workers, guided by evidence-based practise.
4. Educate the public.
5. Provide resources to assist health care providers to better understand and work effectively within the WSIB system and practices.
6. Consult with health and safety partners and worker representatives groups on improvements to legislation and workers' compensation policies and processes.